What is an F3 Pomsky?
We are often asked, what is an F3 Pomsky and what is the size of an F3 Pomsky full grown? This is one of the most common questions we receive. It’s such a common question that we asked one of our member breeders, Mischa of Brookside Pomsky, to provide a detailed breakdown of the various generations of the Pomsky. This is one part of our Pomsky Generation series, you can see the other Pomsky Generation blogs below:
- What is an F1 Pomsky
- What is an F2 Pomsky
- What is an F3 Pomsky
- What is an F1b Pomsky
- What is an F1x Pomsky
- Pomsky Generations Overview
This article is brought to you from Mischa Nelson, the owner of Brookside Pomsky, one of the most knowledgeable Pomsky breeders we know.
F3 Pomsky Puppy
An F3 Pomsky is from one of the below scenarios:
- The mother and the father of the Pomsky are F2 Pomskies
- The mother is an F2 Pomsky and the father is an F4 or F5 Pomsky (this is still considered and F3 Pomsky)
- The father is an F2 Pomsky and the mother is an F4 or F5 Pomsky (this is still considered and F3 Pomsky)
See the chart pictured below for reference.
F3 Pomsky Full Grown
The size of a full grown adult Pomsky varies on a number of different factors.
Pomsky generation does not guarantee size. The size of an F3 Pomsky full grown is based on the size of the parents, not based on the generation.
A good breeder wont guarantee size, but they can tell you a Pomsky puppies expected adult weight based on current weight, past puppies, and experience. As an example, at Brookside Pomsky we had two F3 puppies leave our home at 8 weeks old, both weighing 3 lbs. Their full grown weights were very different. One ended up full grown weighing only 12 lbs, and the other weighed 22 lbs when full grown. Both dogs where completely healthy, and while this could be a case of over feeding or free feeding, that was not the case in this scenario. This goes to show that the size of a Pomsky can vary.
Pomsky Generation Chart
Find Your Pomsky
Remember to download our list of approved Pomsky breeders (including Brookside Pomsky) to ensure you find the perfect Pomsky from a reputable Pomsky breeder. We will also tell you every time a Pomsky is available from an approved POA breeder near you!
A special thank you to Mischa Nelson of Brookside Pomsky for writing this wonderful article on an important topic. If you are looking for a Pomsky, I highly recommend reaching out to Mischa. She is one of the top breeders in the Pomsky community. You can contact Mischa through any of the below methods:
- Location: Plymouth, Utah
- Point of contact: Mischa Nelson
- Phone: (801) 834-0282
- Email: Brooksidepomsky@gmail.com
- Website: http://brooksidepomsky.com/index.html
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrooksidePomsky/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brooksidepomsky/
- Membership Page: https://pomskyownersassociation.com/brookside-pomsky/
More Pomsky Resources
Need more help finding a Pomsky? Check out our other Pomsky articles and videos including:
- Free Download - Litter Updates and Reputable Breeders
- Article - How To Find a Pomsky Breeder
- Article - How To Avoid Pomsky Scams
- Article - Size of Adult Pomsky
- Article - The Cost of a Pomsky
- Article - Pomeranian Husky Mixes
Want updates every time a one of our top breeders has Pomskies available? Click here to join our litter alert email list (also download a list of all reputable breeders.