CBD, or cannabidiol, is a compound found in cannabis that has therapeutic effects without the psychoactive effects of marijuana. It’s easy to see why CBD for Dogs is becoming so popular in our culture: Its anti-inflammatory properties make it useful for treating pain and other symptoms of many diseases, including arthritis and chronic pain. What’s more, CBD is also known for its effectiveness at relieving anxiety and insomnia — two common ailments that plague our dogs as well! If you’re interested in giving your pooch some extra support on his journey through life with chronic health issues but don’t want to use THC-based products (which can be dangerous to dogs), then we have good news: hemp oil works just as well — if not better — than its counterpart!
Image source: pixabay.com
CBD helps dogs in many different ways.
CBD is a non-psychoactive component of marijuana. But it doesn’t get you high like THC does. It is also known as cannabidiol, which is one of the active cannabinoid compounds found in cannabis plants.
CBD has many benefits for both humans and our furry friends. Here are some ways that CBD can help your dog:
- It helps dogs with pain management—when combined with other medications, CBD can reduce inflammation and provide more comfort for your dog without the negative side effects we associate with traditional painkillers (such as liver damage).
- It reduces anxiety—for example, if your dog suffers from separation anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), there’s a good chance they would benefit from CBD oil supplements given at regular intervals throughout the day while they are alone at home or away from their owners. You should not give this type of medication to dogs under six months old; otherwise, there will be adverse reactions such as vomiting or diarrhea due to immaturity of their digestive system (which wouldn’t make for comfortable traveling!).
Improves Your Dog’s Joint Health
As dogs age, they often suffer from joint pain. This can be caused by a number of issues and may even become chronic. Unfortunately, this condition cannot be reversed in all cases, but it can certainly be managed. One way to manage it is through CBD oil.
CBD oil contains numerous benefits for your dog’s health and well-being including reducing inflammation and pain which can alleviate joint problems. It also works as an anti-inflammatory which means that it will help to reduce swelling in the joints and surrounding tissues too to improve mobility once again making it easier for them to run around!
If you are looking for an alternative treatment option for your dog (or cat) then CBD Oil could be just what you need!
Calms Your Dog Down
CBD can help calm your dog down. CBD has natural calming effects, so when you give it to your pet, they will feel more relaxed and calm. This is especially helpful for dogs with anxiety or stress-related issues that need to relax.
There are many different ways that CBD can help your dog relax, including:
- It helps them sleep better at night.
- It decreases their anxiety levels.
- It helps them focus on tasks without becoming distracted by other things around them (like other pets).
Image source: cbdfx.co
Keeps Your Dog’s Skin and Coat Healthy
CBD has been found to help with a variety of skin and coat issues. The anti-inflammatory properties help keep skin healthy, which can be especially beneficial for dogs that have had problems with itchy or flaky skin. CBD also helps your dog to shed less hair, which means they won’t shed as much on your furniture or in your car (which is great if you love the look of a fluffy pup). And if you have a dog that suffers from dry skin or dandruff, CBD can help alleviate those symptoms as well!
Assists In Fighting Against Cancer
Research has shown that CBD can stop the growth of cancer cells and prevent the spread of tumors. In fact, it has even been shown to reduce the size of tumors in mice by up to 50 percent!
CBD may also be able to help with chemotherapy side effects such as nausea and vomiting. Because CBD does not cause drowsiness, many people prefer it to prescription drugs for managing these symptoms. People who have chronic pain conditions like arthritis often use CBD products because they help relieve pain as well as provide other benefits like reducing inflammation or improving sleep quality when taken on a regular basis (instead of just when experiencing pain).
Improves Mood and Mind
CBD can help improve your dog’s mood and mind. Whether they’re suffering from a mental health condition like depression, or just need a little boost in their day-to-day life, CBD can do wonders for your pup.
- CBD is a natural mood enhancer: One of the biggest benefits of using CBD oil for dogs is that it helps manage their moods. You might notice that they’re less anxious and more relaxed when you give them some drops with their daily food or treats. This can come in handy if your dog suffers from anxiety or depression symptoms—it may not cure these conditions outright, but it will provide some relief so he has the energy to spend time doing his favorite things instead of worrying about what’s going wrong.
- Helps relieve stress: Dogs aren’t just human beings with fur—they also have lots of similarities when it comes down to how we get stressed out too! In fact, many researchers believe that dogs experience similar levels of anxiety as humans do (although not always diagnosed by doctors because there isn’t enough research yet). If you notice any signs that indicate your pet might be suffering from chronic stress (such as pacing around anxiously), then adding CBD into their diet could make all the difference between having a healthy friend who loves spending time outdoors vs someone who spends most days hiding under blankets at home because they feel overwhelmed all the time
To learn more about what you should look for in CBD oil for dogs, see this detailed guide: CBD Oil for Dogs. What Should You Know?
We hope you have found this article helpful, and that it has given you some insight into how to use CBD for your dogs. While there are many great benefits to using CBD for your dog, we think one of the best things about it is that it doesn’t have any side effects and can be used in conjunction with other treatments for pets. If you have any questions about using CBD for your pet or need advice on what products might be best suited for them please feel free to contact us!