Who can become a member?
This application is for breeders looking to become a registered member of the Pomsky Owners Association.
What do I get as a member?
Members receive the following benefits:
- Listed on our approved breeders page
- Dedicated POA membership page (click here for an example)
- Listings on our available Pomskies page
- Listing on applicable state pages
- Listed on breeder location map on homepage
- Available Pomsky updates on our Facebook page
- Email blasts about your available Pomskies sent to our subscribers
- Opportunity to be quoted in POA publications (see training blog for example)
- Opportunity to be quoted in our book publications (such as our training book)
- Opportunity to participate in future projects bettering the Pomsky breed
- Opportunity to voice your opinion on Pomsky related matters affecting breeders
- Opportunity to join our affiliate program
- Inside access to the Pomsky Owners Association and everything we are working on.
What is the POA
Before getting to the application, please first read through this quick overview of the POA:
- Our goal: Our goal is to continue weeding out the fake Pomsky websites and Pomsky scammers by creating an open source of real Pomsky owners and breeders, where all Pomsky lovers can come together to share accurate information. We strive to gather and publish as much information as possible to weed out the scammers, fake websites, fake photos and slanderous opinions. Our vision is for continued and sustainable growth of the Pomsky breed. This starts with education; educating both the consumer and new Pomsky breeders. The Pomsky breed is quickly becoming one of the most popular dog breeds, this is both exciting and dangerous because with the popularity comes unethical breeders and scammers. Our goal is to continue growing our base of reputable member breeders to the point where ethical breeding and sales become the norm. There needs to be less focus on selling and more focus on educating owners, breeding a healthy dog and finding the perfect home for each Pomsky. We will continue to work each day until this future becomes reality.
- Why to become a member: Members of the Pomsky Owners Association are the best of the best. Our members are required to abide by a strict code of ethics ensuring that each member strives to better the Pomsky breed, acts truthfully when dealing with consumers, practices ethical sales tactics and prioritizes education of the Pomsky breed above all else. As a member of the Pomsky Owners Association you are joining an elite group of reputable Pomsky breeders and certifying yourself as one of the best in the industry.
- How this helps breeders: Pomsky Owners Association strives to benefit the breeder as much as the consumer. We strive to help each consumer find the perfect Pomsky from the perfect breeder; we work tirelessly to promote our member breeders because we know that a happy health Pomsky starts with the breeder. By connecting Pomsky shoppers to our reputable Pomsky breeders we’re able to further promote the long term health and wellbeing of the Pomsky breed and we’re able to assists in the process of placing Pomskies in the perfect home.
- How this helps consumers: It’s tough to find a perfect and reputable breeder; unfortunately the Pomsky world is littered with scams and unethical breeders (puppy mills). It’s our mission to deter scams, weed out the inaccurate Pomsky information and promote the good breeders so everyone shopping for a Pomsky can find the perfect breeder to deliver the perfect Pomsky. This is why our breeders go through a complex screening process, to ensure that only the best of the best join our elite group of Pomsky breeders.
- Our publications: In addition to promoting and monitoring our reputable Pomsky breeders we publish reputable Pomsky content to assist the Pomsky consumer in their Pomsky buying process. Since we are an association of Pomsky owners and breeders, all of our publications come right from the most knowledgeable source, the Pomsky breeder. Our publications go through a thorough verification process to ensure that we publish reliable and useful content to help the Pomsky consumer.
Our association now consists of 30 reputable Pomsky breeders, we’re working every day to position ourselves in a way to better serve the best Pomsky breeders (those that are members of the PCA or IPA) and the Pomsky consumer. We look to our members for new ideas and projects that we can take on to help the community, as the breeders know best about what’s needed to make a difference.
Steps to becoming a member
Hopefully this sounds like an association you’d like to be part of! These are the steps to become an approved breeder of the Pomsky Owners Association. Please use the application form below to begin your application
- Step 1: Must be a member of an approved breed club (IPA or PCA)
- Step 2: Must pass our web audit (we’ll review your website and social pages for red flags)
- Step 3: Must accept the membership terms and conditions
- Step 4: Must agree to abide by our code of ethics
- Step 5: Must display the membership badge on your website
- Step 6: Collect membership information
- Step 7: Invitation to be an affiliate
Becoming a member – Step 1
Are you a member of either the IPA or PCA? Unfortunately, we only accept breeders that are members of an approved Pomsky breed club. The two premier Pomsky breed clubs are:
- International Pomsky Association (IPA)
- Pomsky Club of America (PCA)
The reason for this is because Pomsky Owners Association focuses primarily on the relationship between the consumer and the breeder, we don’t have the necessary resources to validate the reputability of each breeder which is why we leave that to the Pomsky breeder clubs (IPA and PCA). There are a lot of unethical Pomsky breeders, the IPA and PCA do a great job weeding out these bad breeders which is why we only promote these breeders to our subscribers.
If you are not yet a member of the PCA or IPA I highly recommend you reach out and inquire about approval. These two clubs do a great job of promoting the best Pomsky breeders; as long as you’re implementing ethical breeding practices and promoting the long-term health of the breed you will have no problem getting approved.
Ready to apply? Please submit the form below. We will attempt to reply to all applications within 48 hours. Look forward to hearing from you!